OC MADE is a program aimed at assisting start-up businesses with entering the Orange County Market Place to validate their concept. Students will learn core concepts to create a successful Market Place business. Over a 4-week period, students will learn about planning, marketing, financing and bringing their dreams into a reality. This quick-paced program will accelerate your concept in just a few short weeks and give you the ability to operate an O.C. Market Place vendor booth.
WEEK 1 | Saturday, February 16th
- Developing your product for the Market Place
- Building your idea into a business
- Market Place requirements
- Licenses and permits to operate at the Market Place
- Market research
WEEK 2 | Saturday, February 23rd
- Sourcing, costing and pricing your products
- Financial projections
- Walking the Market Place
- Presentation from a current Market Place vendor
WEEK 3 | Saturday, March 2nd
- Developing your marketing plan
- Understanding social media and how to attract customers/repeat customers
- Finance and funding
- Accepting payment at the Market Place
WEEK 4 | Saturday, March 9th
- Setting up your Market Place booth
- Signage and promotion
- OC Market forms, policies, and procedures
- Graduation/certificate ceremony
MARCH 16TH: Graduates of the program may begin selling at the Orange County Market Place. Up to 25 people will be selected based on an interview process. Each weekend we average approximately 8,000-9,000 guests.
Enter Gate 2 or Gate 10 for free parking.
Click the button below to register for the first workshop series. Additional workshop series to come soon!