OC MADE is a program aimed at assisting start-up businesses with entering the Orange County Market Place to validate their concept. Students will learn core concepts to create a successful business. Over a 4-week period, students learn about planning, marketing, financing and how to make their business dreams a reality. This quick-paced program will accelerate your concept in just a few short weeks and give you the ability to operate an O.C. Market Place vendor booth.
How to Apply:
Register through Eventbrite, answer the preliminary questions on the registration and one of our SBDC consultants will reach out to conduct a brief interview with you - 25 people will be selected for this program based on an interview process. No cost to participate in the program.
WEEK 1 | Saturday, November 2
- Developing your product for the Market Place
- Building your idea into a business
- Market Place requirements
- Licenses and permits to operate at the Market Place
- Market research
WEEK 2 | Saturday, November 9
- Sourcing, costing and pricing your products
- Financial projections
- Walking the Market Place
- Presentation from a current Market Place vendor
WEEK 3 | Saturday, November 16
- Developing your marketing plan
- Understanding social media and how to attract customers/repeat customers
- Finance and funding
- Accepting payment at the Market Place
WEEK 4 | Saturday, November 23
- Setting up your Market Place booth
- Signage and promotion
- OC Market forms, policies, and procedures
- Graduation/certificate ceremony
Graduation Weekend | Saturday, November 30 or Sunday, November 31
- Market Place vendor booth for a select few on Saturday, November 30 and Sunday, November 31 - a perfect opportunity to showcase your business!
Cost: Free but space is limited and based-on business readiness. Up to 25 people will be selected based on an interview process.
Enter Gate 2 or Gate 10 for free parking.